Real Estate Transactions & Commercial Leasing
For many reasons, real estate transactions have become increasingly complex. Projects often include several participants, requiring structuring which suits the uniqueness of each project and the reasonable business interests of each participant. Government regulation of real estate has increased the risk of acquiring and owning projects, especially in the areas of land use and environmental regulation.
There is a saying popular in real estate seminars that "there is no such thing as a simple real estate deal". Every deal requires a trained eye to make sure that the client's expectations are met.
Mastery of Real Estate Law requires both well-honed technical skills and a broader business perspective to guide developers, landlords, tenants, property owners and managers and mortgage lenders through the complexities of developing, financing and managing their real property assets. Our lawyers have top-notch skills, and a wide range of experience and involvement in real estate transactions, leasing, development and management. Our advice is tempered with a practical business perspective.
To properly advise and service our client’s needs we provide a multi-disciplinary approach from our real estate, commercial and dispute resolution lawyers as the need arises. We are good at strategy and tactics and we negotiate with purpose and conviction.
Our advice is straightforward and intelligible, without the confusing legal jargon and we focus on achieving our client's business objectives without needless hassles or "over lawyering" the file.
Our real estate & commercial leasing services include:
- Acquisition, development and sale of real estate projects, whether land, residential/multi-unit residential, commercial or industrial
- Commercial Leasing & Property Management issues including industrial and retail leasing transactions for landlords, tenants, and property managers
- Condominium development including registration and unit sales, both of residential and commercial/industrial projects
- Construction & Development Law including new home subdivision sales, negotiation of development agreements, processing and registration of plans of subdivision and sale and purchase of subdivided lots
- Formation and Dissolution of Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Land Development
- Land Transfer Tax Issues
- Mortgage remedies, including power of sale, foreclosure and judicial sale
- Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Litigation including lease enforcement, mortgage enforcement and resolution of title problems
- Service Supply Agreements
- Site Licenses
- The financing of real estate, including conventional mortgages, interim construction financing, permanent financing, sale, leasebacks and profit participations
- The structuring of real property ownership, including limited partnerships, joint ventures and co-ownerships
For more info, please contact Morris Sosnovitch